- The Senate passed a financial regulation bill that will create a watchdog role in the Federal Reserve to prevent moneylending abuse. As someone who does not know much about economics, I am interested to see how this plays out.
- The MTV animated series Daria is out on DVD. Squee!!! Slate discusses the evolution of the series, and how even the popular kids were portrayed with some semblance of compassion.
- Mmmm, homemade pizza. Sometimes, something seemingly so simple can be much more complicated than it looks.
- The New Yorker presents a look at the mistress of the witty comeback, Dorothy Parker.
- A thief broke into the Musee d’Art Moderne in Paris and stole about $125 million worth of paintings (five paintings, to be exact), including a Matisse and a Picasso. First: how did this guy get past the security system? It appears he broke a window. Think about that. Second: what do you do with stolen paintings? It’s not as if you can sell them – the art world is on the lookout. Quelle scandale!